Wednesday, June 2, 2010

back on chemo

Well today was my first day back on chemo. Back in  December after 11 doses for 3 days every 2 weeks they stopped to give my body a rest as one of the drugs gave me an allergic reaction. So the Dr has been keeping an eye on my cancer marker and it started to go up, so back on the chemo I went. This time it's 3 days every 2 weeks but different drugs. So I spent 6 hours at the hospital getting 3 of the 4 drugs and then come home on a pump into the port in my chest until Friday. So far I am hoping those  nasty cancer cells feel as crappy as I do. Oh well as long as it works I will have to put up with it - it will get better in a few days. Back to wearing the wig, or if it is too hot, a bandanna. Oh one good thing I get a cleaning company to clean my house once a month for 4 months. Oh another good thing I will lose weight just in time for my cruise in August!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am really sorry to hear that!
    But I am happy to read that there are two positives in all of this.
    Thinking of you, Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of love, I will be thinking of you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Your "positives" made me smile; I am glad you have the cruise to look forward to! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing. I can not even imagine what your going through. I'm praying that this all goes as smooth as it can for you. Hang in there! We're all praying for you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, Finding pleasure in the little things is all we can do. I am thinking of you and sending all positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete